Business to Business (B2B) email marketing is an extremely effective marketing practice. Just like any other online marketing strategy, understanding what the industry best practices are will separate your latest campaign from all of the others.
The five top most B2B email marketing best practices are:
· Know Your Audience: If you are mailing to IT network administration image-heavy newsletter probably will not be received. Instead, send a text only message. Follow the cues of what your audience is like and don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach.
· Make it easy for mobile audience: Click here to read on your mobile phone is becoming more commonplace on B2B emails and may help you escape mobile email rendering holdups.
· From & Subject lines: Emails from CEO to a fellow executive tend to resonate. Ensure your From line is from someone who matters. Combine this with a short Subject line that can break through the clutter while demonstrating a reason for the user to read this email.
· Short and Sweet: Whether read on an iPhone or laptop, make your message count. That means make sure it gets read. Long emails without clear calls to action will get skimmed and deleted.
· Remarket: Create follow-up campaigns based on how each user responded (or didn’t) to the initial campaign. Using your metrics can guide you to a better and more relevant strategy.